Privacy & Security
At Footsloggers Outdoor & Travel Outfitters we work hard to protect your privacy and rights. The purpose of this page is to explain the information we collect from you, how we use that information, and your legal rights regarding that information.
Access to your information
The information you provide is controlled by Footsloggers Outdoor & Travel Outfitters, 139 S Depot St, Boone, NC 28607 (“Footsloggers”, “us”, “we”).
Information collection and use
- When you place an order, we need to know your email address, phone number, delivery and billing address, password for your Footsloggers account (if applicable), and company name if you are a business.
- We may provide your telephone number to a courier should they need to contact you regarding your delivery.
- When paying by credit or debit card, you will be redirected to PayPal, our secure payment processor, where you will be asked to provide your card details on a secure form using 128-bit encryption. Your credit card information is never stored on our servers. You can rest assured that your information is safe, as PayPal is an industry leader in information security. You may find PayPal’s security information on their website, www.paypal.com. As of July 1, 2010, this is a direct link to PayPal’s Security Center. All online refunds are processed through PayPal.
- When you choose to contact us through a web form, we need your name and email address. This information is used to contact you if we need to respond to your comment or question.
- We use a cookie to store your shopping cart contents during your visit.
- We may from time to time analyze your personal information and profile to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer, as well as to enable us to provide you with relevant information through our marketing program. If you do not wish to receive information regarding new products and services, company news, or changes to this website, you may opt-out by setting your preferences under your account, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request, or writing to Footsloggers, Attn: Internet Privacy, 139 S Depot St, Boone, NC 28607.
- We may use your personal information in the prevention and detection of fraud.
- We may use your information to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
Protection of your information
When you place an order with us, we take all reasonable steps to ensure your Footsloggers account information is stored safely on our servers. Only employees of Footsloggers and Horizon Mediaworks, LLC, who handle the technical management of our website, can access your information. Only Footsloggers and PayPal will process your information for completion of your order. In accordance with established data protection legislation we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you provide to prevent unauthorized access. Our procedures mean we may occasionally request proof of identity before disclosing information to you. We cannot however guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us online.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties. If we choose to do so in the future, you will be notified by email of our intentions, and will have the right to be removed prior to the disclosure.
Your consent and rights
Please note the information you provide will not be transferred out of the US.
Footsloggers Outdoor & Travel Outfitters
139 S Depot St
Boone, NC 28607
We take many measures to ensure the security of your personal information. Our shopping cart software has an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) foundation that is an encryption standard. Encryption means to convert computer data and messages to something incomprehensible by means of a key, so that it can be reconverted and un-encrypted only by an authorized recipient holding the matching key. So long as you are using an SSL compliant browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Internet Explorer, you’ll be able to perform secure transactions of all personal data.
At no time when you receive an error message will it endanger your personal information. Why do we sometimes have errors? We strive to have an error free web environment and to make your shopping with us an error free environment, but occasionally you may receive an error message. We do have to perform regular server (the computer that our site data is actually on) maintenance that will cause occasional down time (time that our site is inaccessible). This is normally done during lower traffic times. Other error messages may arrive from unusually high traffic volume (lots and lots of people surfing the site). To be notified of major maintenance times, regular site changes and special prices and sales subscribe to our “Footsloggers TrailMail” newsletter.
If you have any questions about our site do not hesitate to ask. We have quite a large site and may not be aware of an error that you encounter. Please contact us at email@example.com. Thanks for choosing to visit Footsloggers Outdoor & Travel Outfitters. We’ve been sharing in your outdoor adventures since 1971, and we’re excited to continue this tradition with you.